About The Salvation Army: Erie Pa
For over 100 years The Salvation Armys Adult Rehabilitation Centers have provided spiritual, social, and emotional assistance for men and women who have lost the ability to cope with their problems and provide for themselves. Centers offers residential housing, work, and group and individual therapy, all in a clean, wholesome environment. The physical and spiritual care that program participants receive prepares them to re-enter society and return to gainful employment. Many of those who have been rehabilitated are reunited with their families and resume a normal life.
Peach Street Salvation Army Closing Doors Early Due To Lack Of Workers
One local and popular thrift store is forced to make some changes because they cannot keep enough workers on the payroll.
The Salvation Army on Peach Street is now only open Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Melissa Gibbons, store manager of the Salvation Army, says they are missing half of a warehouse crew, adding that it has always been difficult keeping workers, but they are getting very few applications right now.
Its pretty hard. I am not getting applications in. I hired a girl and she did not come in, Gibbons said. People just dont want to work right now and with other businesses offering higher wages than we are, they just dont want to come here.
Gibbons said it takes about 50 workers to run the store and they are currently down 18.
Pantry Details Hours Photos Information: Salvation Army
Services:Assist with electric bill upon funding availability. Assist with Hot Meals and Food Pantry available. Please call for program details. We now have available Safe Link Phones which is a program that can provide you with a free cell phone with minutes loaded on it. If you already have the free land line you are unable to receive a free cell phone.Hours:Food Pantry: 10:00am-2:00pm every 2nd and 4th Monday of every month, Meal: 11:00am-1:30pm every 2nd and 4th Monday of every month, Utility Assistance: Call for appointment.Eligibility:Please call for more information. Cell Phone Program Income eligibleDocuments To Bring:Disconnection notice, Proof of income, Proof of Acceptance or Denial letter of PIPP, and must know their expenses.* Important: Please call the food pantries to confirm that the hours have not changed. We do our best to provide full information and details, but food pantries often change their hours without notifying us. We do not want you to waste your time visiting a pantry that is not open.
Don’t Miss: High Ranks In The Military
The Salvation Army Family Store
Most Recent Comments
- I don’t know who does the pricing but it’s really overpriced I seen several items in there you could buy brand new for the price that they’re selling them for and they already used even the clothing is overpriced
- I always shop at the Salvation Army Stores for my clothes. I never buy anything new. If you’re on a tight budget like we are it’s the place to go ! I save money shopping there which means I can buy really good food for our furbabies. My husband loves browsing the books while I shop!
- Can get picked over especially on Saturday. Some prices are absurdly high. For example a used coat can cost as much as 50 dollars when you can get a similar brand new one at Walmart for 30 bucks. It makes no sense. You can find some good deals if you do some digging and the money goes to a good cause.
Salvation Army Thrift Store And Donation Center Faqs
Q: What can I donate to the Salvation Army Thrift Store and what isnt allowed?
A: These vary from location to location, so please visit The Salvation Army Donation Center in your area for their policies. In general, Salvation Army Thrift store will accept gently used:
- Appliances that still operate and are not built-in, such as:
- air conditioners
Q: How do I donate to my local Salvation Army Thrift Store
A: The donation process is pretty simple
- Step 1: Call your local donation center or visit its website to find out the hours of operation and what items are allowed
- Step 2: Drop off your items at the donation center near me
- Step 3: Receive a donation receipt for your taxes and rest assured that you have helped us do the most good in your community. We, and those we serve, are very grateful for your contribution.
Q: Is The Salvation Army Thrift Store near me open?Q: What are the Salvation Army thrift stores hours?Q: How do I schedule a pickup at my home?
A: Again, the process is relatively simple and pain-free for you
Q: How do I make a change to my donation?
A: Please go to https://dss.satruck.org/MyPickups , enter your last name and phone number, and youll be taken to your pick-up details. Click the arrow next to the pickup date and view the details. There, youll see buttons in red type allowing you to change items, change pickup date, change instructions to the driver, or cancel your pickup.
Q: How can I track my pickup?Q: How can I change or cancel a pick-up?
Don’t Miss: What Does An Officer Do In The Military
About The Salvation Army Erie
The Salvation Army Erie, located in Erie, PA, is a branch office of the Christian non-profit Salvation Army, whose mission emphasizes aiding the poor and people in need. The Salvation Army offers human services through its programs, including disaster relief and public emergency services, while taking an evangelical approach. In Erie County, the Salvation Army also runs stores that sell used goods.
You may contact the Salvation Army for questions about:
- Erie Salvation Army stores and locations
- Making donations and volunteering
- Children and elderly care programs
- Disaster relief and emergency preparedness
The Salvation Army Salary Faqs
The average The Salvation Army salary ranges from approximately $30,208 per year for a Cashier to $126,426 per year for a Director. The average The Salvation Army hourly pay ranges from approximately $14 per hour for a Cashier to $60 per hour for a Director. The Salvation Army employees rate the overall compensation and benefits package 3/5 stars.
The highest-paying job at The Salvation Army is a Director with a salary of $126,426 per year.
The lowest-paying job at The Salvation Army is a Cashier with a salary of $30,208 per year.
The Salvation Army employees attributed a compensation and benefits rating of 3.0/5 stars to their company. Read what they think about their salaries on our Compensation FAQ page for .
Recommended Reading: Military Diet For Weight Loss