These Restaurants Have Been Known To Honor Veterans Active Duty Service Members And Their Families On Veterans Day:
91. Applebees serves free meals to veterans and active-duty service members every year on Veterans Day.
92. Brueggers Bagels is giving away a free bagel with cream cheese.
93. California Pizza Kitchen gave veterans and military a complimentary entree and beverage from a select menu.
94. Chilis serves a free select menu for veterans and active-duty service members on Veterans Day.
95. Cicis Pizza gives veterans and active-duty military personnel a free adult buffet on Veterans Day.
96. Cracker Barrel has given away a piece of Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake.
97. Dunkin gives away a free donut per military service member.
What Is The Find
Find-A-Future is a free site introduced by Walmart to help American veterans and their military spouses achieve their career goals.
The program is designed to meet them where they are in their career journey.
Veterans and their military spouses are provided with a coach and tools to help them understand their skills and experience and connect them to the right Partners and opportunities.
SEE ALSO: Can You Exchange Formula at Walmart in 2022?
Does Walmart Offer Military Discounts
Military discounts are a common way for retailers to show their appreciation for active duty military personnel, veterans, and military families. While some retailers only offer these discounts on certain days or months, other retailers offer military discounts year round.
Unfortunately, Walmart does not offer any form of military discount, even on Veterans Day.
The most common explanation for why Walmart does not offer a military discount is because they already offer the lowest prices on most common items when compared to major competitors. So, by shopping at Walmart, shoppers are already receiving discounts when compared to typical market prices.
Walmart also offers lots of other ways to save, including rollback sales, weekly coupon ads, and more.
You May Like: Bates Men’s 8 Ultralite Tactical Sport Side Zip Military Boot
Does Walmart Offer Military Discount
CommonCentsMom.com is advertiser-supported: we may earn compensation from the products and offers mentioned in this article. However, any expressed opinions are our own and aren’t influenced by compensation. The contents of the CommonCentsMom.com website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this site are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional financial or legal advice. Always seek the advice of your Financial Advisor, CPA and Lawyer with any questions you may have regarding your situation. Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website!
Walmart is one of the largest retailers in the world. As a retailer, Walmart is known for offering low prices and great customer service. They have been recognized as one of the best places to shop for bargains by consumers.
Walmart is committed to providing their customers with a variety of great products at a low price. Among their customers are military veterans, so it is understandable that some may wonder if they offer military discounts.
Unfortunately, Walmart does not offer military or veterans discounts. It also does not hold special Veterans Day sales. In some cases, other promotions on that day may also be available.
Does Walmart Offer Military And Veteran Discount
Throughout the country, most people have tremendous respect for those who have served in the military and been to war. These people risked their lives for their country and spent vast amounts of time away from family and loved ones.
To show their appreciation and thanks, lots of companies offer military discounts. This means that they receive money off products and services. Its essentially an incentive to show their token of respect for those who put their lives in danger to protect the country.
Recommended Reading: What Are Branches Of The Military
Home & Garden Military Discounts
While Ashley Furniture doesnt offer a specific military discount, they DO have several other ways to save.
They include things like their spin the wheel discount offer, which will give you a one-time 10$ off coupon.
Additionally, they offer online deals, hot buys, and Veterans Day / Memorial Day sales.
The clothing and accessory shop is another in a long line of retail stores that offer military discounts.
At Bealls, you can expect to save 15% on your in-store purchase. Its a bit unclear as to whether or not the discount can be applied online, however.
Like the others listed on this page, they also have a wide variety of coupons and promo codes available.
When searching for a Military Discount, unfortunately Ikea came up short.
Even though Ikea does not currently offer a Military Discount, they still offer different discounts and promotions.
Note: Were talking about the home décor store, NOT the Costco Kirklands. to read about the Costco military discount.
Kirklands home décor offers a 10% off military discount to qualified active duty military, as well as retired veterans.
This discount can be used in conjunction with other discounts, which is a nice bonus so those claiming the discount wont have to worry about choosing between one discount or the other.
Recently Kohls introduced a Military Discount of 15% that can be used on Mondays, in-store only.
Macys offers a 10% off military discount, with a few restrictions.
Does Walmart Offer Military And Veteran Discount Final Thoughts
Clearly, Walmart has no intentions, nor have they ever offered veterans discounts, even on veterans day.
However, Walmart is quite obviously committed to making a difference for veterans and those in active service. They offer hiring priority for veterans and spouses of veterans. They also stuck to their word of employing 250,000 veterans.
Don’t Miss: How To Add Military Discount To Home Depot Online
What Does Walmart Do To Help Veterans
Though they do not offer military discounts on their products for active military members and veterans, they offer a lot of support for veterans and their spouses.
In 2013, Walmart launched their Veterans Welcome Home Commitment, a program in which they pledge to hire up to 250,000 veterans.
From then to 2021, they have honored more than 400,000 military veterans families with jobs at Walmart stores.
Thats not all.
Walmart has even done more too
- Increase the access to healthcare for veterans
- Expand their Veterans Community Support Program all over the United States
- Support and empower veteran business owners
And recently, they launched a new program called the Find-A-Future platform.
Free Gift With Purchase
If you check the retailer’s weekly ad, you can occasionally find Walmart freebies with the purchase of certain products. To qualify for a Walmart free gift, you might have to spend a certain amount of money or purchase a certain product. Some offers come with additional discounts like $1 off your entire purchase. Note that some offers cannot be combined with other promotions at Walmart.
Read Also: What Are Meps In The Army
Cell Phone / Cable Military Discounts
AT& Ts Active Military Plan provides current military members with 25% off of the Unlimited & More and the Unlimited & More Premium Wireless Plans.
The Active Military plan is available to any current military member. This includes members of all five military branches, as well as members serving in Active Duty, Reserves, and National Guard roles.
At this time, DirecTV doesnt offer a military discount. However, they have in the past!
Well continually update this page whenever they decide to offer a military discount, but in the meantime.
Motorola offers a 10% discount, both online and in stores, for military members and their families.
Like Modells above, they allow you to verify your military service / status online, albeit with a different verification service called ID.me.
The discount is also available to first responders as well, and as far as we can tell there arent any restrictions.
Sprint offers a military discount that allows as much as 50% off select phone lines.
The discount is available to active duty, retired, veterans, U.S. National Guard and Reserves through the Sprint Works program.
SiriusXm gives back to military members by providing them with 25% off of the subscriptions monthly price.
The deal can be used on any of the monthly plans, and it is extremely simple to take advantage of.
The T-Mobile Military plan can help you save a TON of money on your monthly cellphone bill.
Looking For The Full List Of Veterans Day Freebies And Deals We Got You
21. Academy Sports+Outdoors offers a 10% online and in-store discount from time to time . Keep an eye on them in the future to see their discounts!
22. In the past, has held a Veterans Day special offering $40 off of Prime memberships for all military veterans.
23. Target is offering a 10% discount on two purchases the week of Veterans Day in 2021 and the week after. This is the first year that the coupon is eligible for two purchases. The 10% coupon applies to all in-basket items, online and in-store.
You May Like: Which Military Branch Travels The Most
What Kinds Of Stores Do Military Personnel Get Discounts From
If you would like to buy something you need at a store that provides military and retired soldiers with discounts as standard, there are many options for you to choose from.
While this retailer proudly supports members of the Armed Forces and their families through different support and outreach programs, many stores in the US choose to honour them by offering special discounts.
To take full advantage of discounts, the stores in American offer, active service members and veterans have to provide one of the various military ID cards which can demonstrate who they exactly are. A few stores in the United States offer military and retired soldiers discounts, such as Kohls, Nike, Apple Store, Best Buy, Home Depot, and Lowes.
You may also like these articles: Walmart senior discount, Walmart Preparing Order and Walmart Pre Order Policy
What Is The Official Tractor Supply Military Discount
Tractor Supply does not offer a typical military discount.
However, they do offer a significant deal for service members on certain special occasions.
Sometimes the deal is offered on Independence Day, and other times it has been offered on Veterans Day.
To find out when the military deal will take place, you can watch your ads or ask your local store if they have heard details yet for the upcoming sales event.
When the sales event comes, Tractor Supply offers 15% off for their military discount.
They have no limit on the amount of money you can save.
This means that if you need to make a large purchase from Tractor Supply, you can save a significant amount of money on their military discount day.
The discount is only available for in-store purchases.
To take advantage of the deal, simply shop at your local Tractor Supply location and provide proof of military service when you check out.
The proof of service can be a military ID or anything else that shows you were in the military.
Step 1: Shop at Tractor Supply in person on the advertised military discount day
Step 2: Show cashier proof of service at checkout
Related ArticleLowes Military Discount
Recommended Reading: Us Army National Guard Recruiter
Further Support For Veterans
Its not just the Veterans Welcome Home Commitment that Walmart has in place to help the heroes of our country. Others ways Walmart shows its support to veterans include:
- Military Family Promise: If any military personnel or their spouse is transferred to another part of the country through work, Walmart will guarantee them a job at a nearby Walmart or Sams Club.
- Walmart Foundation: Through Walmart and the Walmart Foundation, a staggering $40 million has been dedicated to supporting veterans via educational opportunities, job training, and more. Blue Star Families is just one of the many organizations that are funded through the foundation. It provides free resources, opportunities, and services to military families and helps to bridge the gap between them and the general public. Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors is another organization funded by the Walmart $40 million commitment. TAPS offers help and compassionate care for anyone suffering from the loss of a loved one whether as a result of their service or while in service.
- Coalition for Veteran Owned Business: This organization provides support for military spouses and veteran business owners to help grow their businesses. It provides innovative solutions from a coalition of industry leaders and is fully supported by Walmart.
Walmart Discount Option #1 Coupon Sites
Another way to save money is by using couponing sites.
Here me out
Websites specifically meant to collect coupon codes such as Groupon, RetailMeNot and Slickdeals typically offer a plethora of online codes and ways to save money.
Its super easy to save anywhere from as little as $10 on grocery items, to as much as 60% off things like Apple Watches, TVs, Tablets, and more.
Heres the fastest way to do it:
Step 1: to visit the official Walmart website.
Step 2: Do your normal shopping.
Whether it be clothing, groceries, electronics, home appliances, or even kitchen supplies, nearly everything will have some sort of discount you can apply.
Step 3: Select a Groupon offer
Once youre done shopping at Walmart.com, simply go to Groupon.com Walmart page here and look for a coupon code that matches what you have in your shopping cart.
For example, lets say you wanted to stock up on groceries for the week.
A quick 10 sec. glance at the Groupon offers shows that theyre currently offering $10 off your grocery order of $50 or more.
Simply click on the See code button, and copy and paste the coupon code right into the Promo code section when you go to checkout.
Its very important that you check the Groupon link above before making your purchase, as these coupons change pretty routinely.
You can find the same types of offerings on the other coupon sites, including Retailmenot and SlickDeals.
What is a plugin?
Read Also: Military Resort At Disney World
Weve Got An Even Bigger Veterans Day Restaurant Deals List
98. Famous Daves gives all former and current military a free Georgia Chopped Pork Sandwich and a side all day for dine-in and carry-out orders. If ordering online at FamousDaves.com/togo use the code VETERAN.
99. Freddys Frozen Custard & Steakburgers gave away free combo meal comp cards to veterans and current military that could be used through the rest of November.
100. Joes Crab Shack takes 20% off for veterans and active-duty military .
101. Krispy Kreme gives veterans and active-duty military a free doughnut with small coffee.
102. Little Caesars offers a free Lunch Combo to military and veterans at participating locations on Veterans Day.
103. Old Chicago has offered a free individual pizza to military service members on Veterans Day.
104. Olive Garden gives veterans an entrée from a special menu, unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks.
105. On the Border has offered all active and retired military a free Pick 2 combo meal.
106. Romanos Macaroni Grill celebrates veterans with a free Moms Ricotta Meatballs and Spaghetti entree. Valid for dine-in or carryout.
107. Ruby Tuesday is known to give military members and veterans a freebie, like an appetizer or a sandwich.
108. Starbucks gives away free tall brewed coffees.
109. Village Inn restaurants have offered veterans and active military a complimentary V.I.B. breakfast plus a 20% coupon for their next visit.
110. Zaxbys has been known to give military service members a free boneless wings meal with ID.
Military Discounts You Can Get Throughout The Year
110 Military Discounts You Can Get Th…
We’re reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Active-duty military and veterans, thank you for your service! Do you know about all the retailers and services who say thank you with military discounts? If not, you need this list.
Before diving in, keep in mind that both online and in-store discounts will require a valid Military ID. For internet purchases, some sites use ID.me to verify your ID, while others have their own built-in checkout process.
Oh, and if youre ever unsure you can get a discount, just ask. Many stores wont include it in the fine print, but if you ask, they might help you out.
Now, check out this list to see how you can get thanked!
While youre at it, also be sure to for more deals and freebies.
Recommended Reading: Military Ornaments For Christmas Tree
Military And Veterans Discount
A big thank you to our military members and veterans for your service! Wed like to show our appreciation by offering a 15%* military discount on our wireless plans.
Enter information to verify your eligibility. You may be required to submit documentation showing your military affiliation. If eligible, the discount will be reflected on your billing statement within one to two billing cycles.
Who Can Claim This Discount
The deal is available for all five branches of the armed forces, and can be used by Active Duty, National Guard, and Reserve members.
The discount is also available for former military members as well.
It can be used by retired military members and veterans.
The advertisement does not specify if the discount is available for dishonorably discharged service members, so if this is you it would be smart to call Tractor Supply ahead of time to ask for more details on eligibility.
Lastly, the deal is available for military family members. It can be used by military dependents.
Once again, you will need some type of proof that you are a military dependent to show the cashier at checkout.
Also Check: How Long Can You Serve In The Military